Muskoka Algonquin Runners are well into their summer program. Why not join us tonight for a stride workout? No idea what that is, come to the run to find out. All levels of runner are welcome.
July is the month that we slowly build our base of running so that we can gear up for a fall cross country running season. Our high schoolers have their fall season waiting for them, but other MARS runners can race cross country in the fall too. There is nothing more fun in running than a XC race. Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned veteran, consider this fall line-up of races that Muskoka Algonquin Runners is encouraging its members to attend:
(1) 5Peaks Race Series, September 14 Race at Heart Lake in Brampton. The race distances here are roughly 6K and 12K. We are looking into the cost of renting a bus to transport any local runners to the race. The races start at 9:45 am and we would likely depart around 5:45 am and be back around 3 pm. If the bus option doesn’t materialize, we would be looking for club members willing to car pool. The cost of the race is $50 and registration details can be found at http://www.5peaks.com. The cost for Huntsville Hoyas Runners will be subsidized and will likely be $20.
(2) Ontario Masters Series 5K at Taylor Creek in Toronto, September 29. The races in this series are for runners 30 years of age and older. The races usually start at 1pm which allows car pooling the same day from Huntsville. If you have an Ontario Masters Athletics Membership ($50), you get reduced rates for races. However, you can purchase single event membership and usually these are around $20 per race. Our club will look to enter teams in these races (individuals welcome too) and all levels of runner are welcome.
(3) Muskoka Mud Run, Bracebridge, October 5. Come out and support the awesome local XC race and you can be guaranteed that you will get muddy! Teams and individuals are welcome. There are 5k and 9K options. Runners 18 and under pay $8 until August 25 (then $10). Runners over 18 pay $35 until Aug 25 (then $45).
(4) Ontario Masters Series 8K at Sunnybrook Park in Toronto, November 3. Same details as (2) above.
(5) Ontario Cross Country Championships, London, Ontario, November 10. This is separate from the OFSAA (high school) Championships November 2 and is an open event, open to all ages of runners in the club. The race distances vary by age but for runners over 30 is 5K.
See you running. Please direct inquiries through the Contact tab of this website.